When it comes to mountain bike efficiency, it's hard to beat a hardtail. And when it comes to learning the ropes of mountain biking, efficiency is the name of the game. With this in mind, Specialized's Pitch Expert 650b features a hardtail design that keeps the rear end of the bike planted to the trail under effort, while the acclaimed Sport Trail 650b Geometry ensures that you'll feel comfortable and confident in the process. And to keep with this theme, it features a lightweight aluminum frame that adds to compliance on the downhill and speed when you're going up the trail. Sprinkle in a thoughtful component selection and plenty of suspension up front to get the job done, and you have yourself a bike that's ready to hit the dirt.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Premium Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed Sport Trail 650b Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's extremely versatile, making it equally capable on the climbs and descents.
- Custom SR Suntour XCR-AIR 650b fork features Multi-Circuit Damping technology to eliminate any "pogo" effect by delivering 80/100mm (size-specific) of hydraulic damped suspension and rebound that smooths out rough terrain.
- 650b alloy Stout rims have been laced to Stout hubs to form wheels that allow you mow over everything in sight, climb gracefully, and get to the bottom of the trail eager for more.
- With reliable traction, puncture-resistance, and sheer speed over the dirt, 650bx2.1" Ground Control Sport tires will keep you rolling with confidence over almost any terrain.
|Frame||Specialized A1 Premium aluminum w/butted tubing|
|Fork||Custom SR Suntour XCR-AIR 650b, custom Multi-Circuit Damping, air spring, S: 80mm travel, M/L/XL: 100mm travel, integrated remote hydraulic lockout|
|Rims/Wheels||Specialized Stout XC 650b, Disc|
|Hubs||Specialized Stout XC, Hi Lo Disc|
|Tires||Specialized Ground Control Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, 650bx2.1"|
|Crankset||Specialized Stout XC|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM X5|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore Shadow|
|Rear Cogs||Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-36t|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore RapidFire Plus|
|Handlebars||Specialized Stout, double-butted 6061 alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 5-degree upsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Body Geometry XC|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Gemini|
|Brakes||Tektro Gemini, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Specialized Body Geometry mountain|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Option||Barcode||Manufacturer's Part Number||Vendor Number|
|Gloss Satin Black / X-Small||00888818058129||85516-4001||SBC-85516-4001|
|Gloss Satin Black / Small||00888818060320||85516-4002||SBC-85516-4002|
|Satin Warm Charcoal/Flo Red/Rocket Red / X-Small||00888818058693||85516-4101||SBC-85516-4101|